Saturday, August 1, 2009

Treat Me Well

If you are my friend, you should know that Friday was my birthday. However, you should also know that I had lots of plans on that day that do not involve my family, so we had a belated birthday celebration at Traders Hotel, KL on Saturday instead. My mom suggested the place because she had a great time celebrating it there, but I was sorely disappointed when I went there today. Like, really really disappointed.

It's not to say that the food wasn't good, it's just that the choices were very limited. It's mostly sophisticated, grown up stuff like oysters and crabs and Japanese cuisine and salads. And I don't eat crabs (in public) and oysters (at all), so that kinda just leaves me with sushi and the salad.

But I really do love their sushi. It's very fresh and they don't skimp on their portions. You know like how when you buy sushi from Jusco and the tuna or whatever is like so watery and all Mayonnaise? Well this one is just the right size and stuffed with as much filling as possible. It's really good. I can't stop saying that. It was so so so good. Which explains why there are no pictures of it because only after they're digesting in my happy tummy that I remembered that I wanted to take pictures of them. Hehe paiseh.

But I did, however, take a picture of my ais kacang. It's pretty cool because I get to pick what I want in my ais kacang, and the people who know me well know that I'm super picky with my food. Unless I'm really very hungry to the point where all I do is whine, I would actually pick out every single bit of the food that I do not like eating. Like say, if I do not like eating sawi (the vegetable that all the mamak stall like to dump into their food), I would painstakingly pick out every last one and refuse to eat it. Therefore, by the time I'm done with my food, there would be a big pile of vegetables at the side of my plate, stacked up neatly and staring at my forlornly. Poor things.

Photobucket

But this time I get to pick what goes into my ais kacang! I totally despise the fact that ais kacang has corn in it. It so ruins the taste. And that pink ball thingy? What's up with thaaaat? I only like to have cendol, cincau, red bean and the nuts. I mean, in like regular ais kacang la. But this one offered sago and longan! My bro and I were like "This is yummy, take more!" Then we got to customize our ais kacang by putting on the syrup and condensed milk by ourselves. It's good too, cuz some people don't like too much syrup on their ais kacang. Diabetes and all that. Pfft. Heng was like "Give me more of the condensed milk. It's very yummy. More! More! More!" And I was like "Do you want a side of diabetes with that?" And the kid actually went "The milk makes it yummy. PUT MORE!" Gosh.

We actually headed for the ais kacang first because we were so goddamn thirsty and they very surprisingly didn't have a free flow of drinks. So WTF right..

Anyway, we ate and ate and ate and got soooo full that Heng and I actually left the place to walk about and help with our digestion while the grown-ups sat there and manned the fort, so to speak. And as per usual (whenever we dine at hotels), Heng and I would go check out the poolside. So up we went, to the 33rd floor. The scenery was spectacular! I could practically see the entire KL!

Photobucket

See the people enjoying the KLCC park. I've actually never been inside the KLCC park. Passing by, yes. But not like, into it. It's so weird. I realize most KL people have not done the basic tourist-y stuff in KL. Like, I've never been to Cosmo World at Berjaya Times Square. How local of me. Pfft.

So anyway, the poolside is really quite pretty. They have this glass staircase that leads up to the saunas.

Photobucket

I would want this in my house if I was rich enough to afford a big ass house. Future partner, are you listening?! I want a big ass house! With lots of space to lounge about by the poolside.

Photobucket

Photobucket

These cushions remind me of HELP cuz they're maroon. HELP has put me off maroon furniture for god-knows-how-long. DAMN YOU HELP!! But I don't think they will match with the color scheme I have in mind anyway. Oh well.

Then my mom called and said that we should go down for deserts now because my grandma was getting tired of sitting down. The irony, right? But I guess that's what happens when you're old. I don't wanna grow old! I wanna stay at 21 forever! Forever 21. Ha-ha, not funny Jia.

So Heng and I went back and grabbed cute deserts.

Photobucket

I sooo wanted to steal the shot glass. I collect em. I know right, I'm so kitsch. But then the glass was dirty and all, and I didn't want to put it into my pretty bag (Coach you know. I will CRY if I get chocolate mousse all over it.) and my mom didn't want to put it into hers either so we left without it. =(

I guess whoever who's stuck not knowing what to get for my birthday in the future can get me novelty shot glasses. I will lubb you foreverrrr.

Traders Hotel actually has some pretty nice minimalist designs. Me likee a lot a lot.

Photobucket

I feel like I'm getting reverse vertigo. Haha! Or maybe I'm just sleepy. Oh and I just had a breakthrough epiphany! People who know me really well know that I get a little high when I'm really tired. I think I just figured out why. It's because my weirdo brain overcompensates my stubbornness of refusing to go to bed by producing and releasing too much endorphins, making me slightly high and hyper. Makes sense, right? Gosh, I'm so smart that I startle myself sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment