Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pictures On Your Skin

I've always been a huge fan of body art. Not so much surface piercings on the body, but more of tattoos. I know there are some very staunch Christians out there who are against body modifications (whether it's piercings or tattoos) because the body is supposedly God's gift to us and we should cherish and love our bodies just the way God gave it to us. Or something to that effect. I'm not really into all those stuff, but I just don't get why some Christians act so disapproving that other people have body mods. I mean, yeah, so it goes against your principals, but who are you to preach to other people?

I know I get very worked up when it comes to religion, especially Christianity and Islam, but I'm only referring to the super religious people who need to have that stick removed from their asses. I sound like such a hypocrite right now. Haha! But at least I know I do.

Anyway. Everyone and their grandma knows that I've been wanting to get inked for the longest time ever. I've entertained the idea on and off since I was maybe ten? But I've only seriously contemplated getting a tattoo when I was about fifteen.

Back then, I wanted to get my Chinese surname, 林 done on my right ankle. But I got into a golfing accident, where my brother accidentally shot a golf ball at my ankle at probably 10 miles per hour. I don't really know how fast that is. Is that fast? Whatever. The golf ball came at me really fast. Imagine a hockey puck and you'll get the picture.

So due to that very ridiculous accident, my ankle hasn't been feeling too good. I think I've even got a fracture, but my mom didn't seem too worried, so I wasn't worried either. Until lately, when my ankle would start hurting whenever the temperature gets too low.

Long story short, my ankle doesn't really feel that good anymore. Plus, I was thinking, it's not like my ankle is a very inconspicuous place to begin with. And seeing how good ol' Malaysia is so narrow minded and full of dickwads who prejudge and stereotype, it might not be a very good idea to have tattoos in visible places. I know it's getting better now, and people may not look thrice at people who sport tattoos, but I still have to bear in mind that the people who I want hiring me in the future might not be so open. For all I know, they could be the traditional type. So why limit my chances?

Plus, I still live under my parents' roof. In other words, I'm still bound by their rules. And everyone who knows me well would know that my parents aren't the most liberal ones around. In fact, they are pretty much the old skool, traditional Chinese parents. Once, they saw a picture of Megan Joy from American Idol 8 and her three-quarter sleeve, and they just went nuts over it.

Photobucket

And not in a good way. My dad said it looks like Terminator's arm. WTF. Question. Why does everyone think that my dad is so funny? I'm funnier!!

To be continued. I'm working on the entire post, and it's really long! But totally worth it, I hope.

1 comment:

  1. I LUHHHH MEGAN.

    SO DOES MY MOM.
    "EH. MING. THAT MEGAN AH. SHE VERY PRETTY. I LIKE HER VOICE TOO. HER TATTOO ALSO VERY NICE. I LIKE. VERY DIFFERENT. BUT YOU DON'T GO AND GET AH. OR ELSE OKAY?! *HUGS AND KISSES*"

    =.= My mother confuses me so.

    ReplyDelete