Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Valentine's Day

I think Valentine's Day is the one day that is always very full of drama. The girls either go completely gaga, or (in the case of pathetic rom-coms) very weepy. Rarely are there any girls in reel life that are absolutely impartial to this day. Personally, I think Valentine's Day is a whole load of bull created by money loving conglomerates to generate a steady stream of revenue from suckered consumers. I mean, what, one special day just to celebrate the love you have between you and your partner? That's dumb. Aren't you supposed to celebrate love every day, instead of splashing out a couple hundred dollars on a bouquet of roses, a box of expensive chocolates and a nice meal at a fine dine restaurant because that's what the general public would expect you to do? That's silly.

But seeing as how everyone buys into this tradition, I guess it wouldn't matter if I did too. Don't you know how hard it is to start a revolution against a pop phenomenon? Hehehe.

In comes a movie about Valentine's Day.

Photobucket

Aptly called...... Valentine's Day.

But hey, since I'm already giving into the evils of this holiday, I would like a date with Queen Latifah, please! :D

Okay lah, so what if neither of us is a dude, it doesn't have to be a romantic date! Yeah, I would pick the Queen over Jessica Alba or Patrick Dempsey because, like, d'oh, it's Queen Latifah! She's effing hilarious, and I like funny people.

Keeping in mind that this is all a fantasy, I would love to spend Valentine's Day with Queen in New York City. It is a city of culture! Although not a traditional city of love à la Paris, I think NYC has it's own romantic side. Why else would Carrie and the girls persist to look for love in the City? Sex and the City reference! :D

I think I would skip the boring stuff like visiting the Met for another day, and instead go for cheesy, clichéd tourist stuff. Oh, and not to forget, bringing along a camera to document every single moment of our first date. Oh look, another cliché: Asians with cameras in the big city. Haha.

Photobucket

The Empire State Building, which, y'know, King Kong tore down some time back. Central Park, where the six friends from FRIENDS often met up at a nearby coffee house called Central Perk. And and Fifth Avenue, where I plan to drag Queen Latifah to shop up a storm with me. And Times Square, which I bet would be a million times more interesting than our Berjaya Times Square.

And after walking all over the city, I bet we would be all famished. Dinner time for me. And no dinner at the Four Seasons, nuh-uh. I would make Queen Latifah bring me to one of those road side vendors and get tacos and hot dogs, authentic New York style! Yum yum yum. Why can't we have hot dogs like that here in KL?

And after such a healthy dinner, what else constitutes as first date etiquette? A movie, of course! But when in New York, do as the New Yorkers do. I say skip the movie, bring on the Broadway! Would certainly make for an interesting experience. No way I'm gonna fly a bajillion miles to New York and not visit Broadway.

Oh wow, what an exciting date. Hey, does anyone know if Queen Latifah is single? Hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment