Monday, June 1, 2009

Waiting On The World To Change

Ever since I was a little kid, I've always had this idealistic sort of life planned out in my head. Sort of like how life would be easy and I'd just breeze past it without any speed bumps and road blocks. And whenever I run into any trouble, my parents would just bail me out and things would be alright again.

But lately, I'm beginning to see that life isn't how you plan it out to be. It never follows the course you want it to. Life throws curveballs at us all the time. It's up to us to decide if we want to bat, or strike out. I'm beginning to learn that life isn't really about living to the fullest you can, it's more like surviving when you hit the rock bottom.

They say a person can never really change. They're wrong. Life changes a person. When it comes to a point where you're down, and your options are either to stay down and hope that someone helps you out, or you can get on your own goddamn feet and push your way through the bully known as Luck. Or the lack of it. And after being pushed around by Lady Luck one too many times, wouldn't you get sick of it all and decide to fight back? Or do you just lie there and say it's meant to be?

People change when they cannot do anything more but to reinvent themselves in the hopes for something better. I need to change. I need to get out of this ravine I dug for myself, and instead go down the path I've always forsaken because it needed too much effort. I need to do better for myself; I need to be a better person for the sake of myself and the people around me.

It's either that or watch my dreams go up in smoke.

So what do you do when you're stuck between a rock and a hard place?

No comments:

Post a Comment