Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Catastrophe And The Cure

So I'm having my Quantitative Methods mid term paper tomorrow. Now, I know Quantitative Methods sounds so glam/nerdy, but in reality, it's just a big fancy word for Statistics. Yah, HELP uses euphemisms to make itself sound more impressive. But ask any HELP-er an you'll know all of HELP's dirty little secrets.

I hope HELP doesn't kick me out for this. But seriously, HELP isn't all that bad. The um, air conditioning is really cold, it's like being in Hong Kong at the beginning of winter. And uh, the Internet speed there is pretty quick, only that the computers are retarded and they switched off the Java script, so it's not like you can watch videos on Youtube anyway.

What was I saying? Oh yeah. Mid terms.

I really thought I knew the stuff that was gonna come out for mid terms, cuz I've taken Statistics back in my foundation year. But then, the other day, I suddenly realized I've forgotten most of the stuff I've learnt and I'm like "Oh crap." Well, this only means I gotta start studying for it. I really hope I do well cuz it's like 30% of my total grade and I need to get good grades to get into the University of Adelaide and I don't think anyone cares about my predicament.

It also sucks ass that I'm coughing like a mad hyena now. I don't know (and it's very pantang to say this!) but I feel like one of those people who cough and cough and cough non stop then after one final, excruciating hack, just drops back onto their pillow and dies. I do, I really do! It's that bad!

But I've been taking some of the honey that Nat very graciously brought back from NZ for me, and it seems to be working. My throat doesn't feel that sore anymore, but it definitely itches. And I need to get better by Saturday cuz I'm going for a wedding dinner and I don't think they'll appreciate it much if I keep coughing when they try to yam seng.

Anyone's got one of those miraculous cures that I consider old wives tales? I'm getting sick and tired of coughing and my voice sounding like Miley Cyrus'.

No comments:

Post a Comment