Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Time To Talk

I don't get the whole Twitter thing. I'm so confused by it. Gah!

Someone teach me?

On the other hand, I'm playing my drums more than ever. The other day, my aunt from Kedah came down to buy a house for her kids. I was in the middle of practicing this new chord my instructor taught me and she came up. I hate playing with an audience, they make me nervous. I know it's such a dumb thing to say cuz when I play on Pearl, the whole damn street can hear me anyway.

It's just the notion on having someone watch me play. It makes me nervous.

So anyway, I offered her my drumsticks and asked if she wanted to try. She's such a sport, she gamely sat down on the throne, placed her foot on the pedal and tentatively struck the drum heads and the cymbals with the drumstick, coming up with some weird disoriented beat while trying to mimic my playing.

Hilarious.

I'm so gonna make everyone who comes over to my house try to play drums next time. It provides comic relief.

I really gotta applaud my aunt la. She's gotta be in her mid-forties, yet she's willing to embarrass herself by trying to play the drums. Not many people her age would do that; in fact, my mom regrets the day my dad bought Pearl for me. But the look on her face when she was playing, it reminds me of a kid who learned how to ride a bike.

There's a reason why she's my favorite aunt from my mom's side of the family.

I know I'm supposed to be happy,
floating on cloud nine right now,
but I can't seem to stop myself from pulling away.
Why do I keep doing this to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment