Monday, May 11, 2009

Sometimes I Just Go For It

So the other day for lunch, my mom brought GayBoy and I out to 1Utama to eat. At first we wanted to have Old Town White Coffee cuz I had this insane craving for curry mee, but we couldn't make up our minds where to have that cuz they have franchises all over the place! There's one in Uptown Damansara (or at least that's what my mom says, I have no idea where it is though), one in Centerpoint (sucky service), one in Jaya 1 (that one's pretty good) and one at 1Utama.

So many choices!! It's overwhelming. But since GayBoy wanted to have his hair cut, we trooped off to 1Utama since they have those $15 hair cut thingys. So we got to Old Town, and then changed our minds. It seems as though we're always eating there. So mom suggested we go over to that place in the middle of the floor (I completely have no idea what's it called!). I've only gone there once, way back in December 2008 when I was still working and was sick and the food came off bland to me and I never went back for a second try ever since. It's really not their fault, I bet the food there tastes great (KhaiSim seems to think so anyway) but well, I just don't have a habit of going back to a place that doesn't impress me the first time over.

While making our way there, we spotted a new place right in front of Viva and Union Bay. I'm not sure what to call it. It's not a restaurant, it's to chapalang to be called a cafe... I guess high end kopitiam would do. It's called Penang Recipe.

I think it's run (run? ran? runned??) by a family. Dad, Mom, Son.

Basic food stuff la. Nasi Lemak, Curry Mee, Nasi Goreng, Assam Laksa. Bubur Caca. And it's expensive too. I say it's not worth trying. Save your money and go eat McDonalds. The only thing nice from that place would be their Yam Cake thing.

I seem to be developing some sort of affection for yam. I never really liked yam before. It was always the wrong texture, you know? A bit too sticky, a bit too soft yet resistant enough that you gotta chew and chew and chew. Blah! Lazy to chew la, I just wanna eat. Hmm, I guess that's why I don't eat stuff like squid, pig stomach, pig intestines, clams, oysters (although this one is just gross la) and all those weird weird stuff that Monkey likes and I don't.

Hey at least now you know what not to order for me if you ever want to belanja me! Hehe.

Anyway where was I? Oh yeah. Don't bother wasting your money on Penang's Recipe lah. Portions might be big (don't take my word for it, I get full fast), but it doesn't make me feel happy like how Italiannies' Stuffed Mushroom does.

I miss Stuffed Mushroom. No one wants to go makan with me. =(

Never mind, I wait till NakedMoleNat gets back here!

No comments:

Post a Comment