Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Can Learn

I really think I need to work harder on my academic career. Right now, my GPA is so low I'm embarrassed to even tell people about it and I need it to be much much higher if I'm going to be accepted into the University of Adelaide. I guess unlike some of my peers, I'm much luckier because I do not need to get a scholarship in order to get my chance to study abroad. All I need to do is get into the school that I want, and my parents will take care of the rest. Pretty damn lucky, I know.

But somehow I just can't seem to bring myself to study harder, study more, study smarter to get the grades I know I can. I know I'm smart, I know I can do it, but I'm just too lazy to get off my ass and work for it.

God!

I need to start focusing on my school work rather than going out all the time with people, just to go out. Cut down on my movie intake. My entire academic life rides on the results of this semester. I need to get B+ for my subjects this semester or I'm royally screwed. I would have to stay here and complete my degree. I mean, there's nothing wrong with staying here, but there's the whole world out there and I'm now at the age where I'm so restless with all the familiar stuff around me and I just need a place where I can grow as a person without being caged in by my parents.

Okay I've made up my mind. I'm really gonna focus on studying more. Less of the movies, less of the eating out, less of the walking about, less of the talking. At least, till the eleventh of July. Finals would be over then and I can be as lazy as I want. Till then, I gotta be a nerd.

Which means, if any of you see me online at any hour of the day, please nudge me and say "OI. STOP IM-ING PEOPLE AND GO TO STUDY!" or "GET OFF THE PHONE AND GO TO STUDY!". And be as rude as you want. Tank yew.

No comments:

Post a Comment