Friday, January 29, 2010

Sunsets and Car Crashes

Damn, not even 20 days after I officially got my license and I've already been in an accident. Dunno why my luck so suay one. Before anyone starts complaining about how bribing the JPJ officers to pass your practical exam leads to youths unable to drive properly which leads to accidents which leads to me deserving this, I'm just gonna say one, I did not bribe anyone to pass my exams because I can drive and two, someone kissed my car's ass, which makes it their fault.

But yeah. Damn.

Long story short, there was this dumbass driving a huge Pajaro trying to get out of his parking spot. Smart guy, he parked facing traffic. So naturally, for him to get out, he has to cut through my lane to get to the other side. Only, he just jutted out the front part of this car, taking up half of my lane and blocking the road. I was gonna cut out so that I can move, but there was a Beemer beside me, so I couldn't do anything.

So I stopped and waiting. Then before I knew it, there was a loud bang and a crunch, my car jerked forward and my mom was swearing. I really had no idea what happened, because nothing like this has ever happened to me before. My parents were really careful driver and I've never been in an accident, ever. I even thought that there was something wrong with my car!

Then my mom was like "Shit, the car got hit!" and I was like "Wha....?"

I looked into the rearview mirror, and the lady behind me was staring back in shock and horror. Like, join the club, sister. I freaked out a little, and I didn't know what to do. I knew I couldn't just sit there, cuz I'd be holding up traffic. But then again, I had no idea how extensive the damage to the car was so I didn't dare to move. I think if I was alone, I would have just frozen. Be as it may, I was pretty much terrified into stone already. Lucky enough, my mom wasn't freaking out along with me. My brother was though.

The part that really pissed me off though, was the look on Pajaro Guy's face. Smugness. Like, what the hell! Because of you, my car kena bang and you just sit there looking as though you just got a bowl of crème brûlée. Ass.

After driving off to some place a little less traffic heavy, we got down from the car to survey the damage. Gah.

Photobucket

My poor poor car. (I know I keep calling it mine, but it's not lah.)

But haha, got funny part also! When she came over to look at my car, my mom told her "Tengok la. Kereta I pun kena banyak. (Look, my car got hit badly too)" and the lady was like "Haiyoh, accident accident." And my mom was like "Of course accident la!! You langgar kereta I (you hit my car), of course accident la!" Hahaha. Kinda funny la. They weren't snapping at each other, more like the lady was freaking out and my mom just couldn't help jabbing her. Hahaha.

The lady who hit my car said that when she noticed that my car wasn't moving, the panicked and tried to jam brake. The thing was, she stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake in her haste. That was why she slammed into us so violently. But if you think my car looks bad, hers is even worse. The entire front part of her Viva folded in towards the middle. It was crumpled.

Le sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment