Thursday, December 17, 2009

Smile

I found a phone in Starbucks the other day. Not one of those capalang, throw-at-dog-dog-dies kind of phone you know. It's some Nokia slide phone with 3.2mp camera. I have no idea what model it is because I'm totally not pro-Nokia at all, but I think it's some Xpress music phone.

I wanted to take it. I really did. I went so far as to grabbing it from the seat and hiding it in my hands. I wanted to badly to take it. Not because I want the phone, oh no. Please lah, my own phone is already so canggih, I don't need that phone. But like, I'm so poor now! (It's all that Starbucks, I'm sure.) I can easily sell that phone for Rm500, at least. You know what I can do with Rm500 or not! I can bring me and my favourite person in the world to some 5-star Italian place and order steak and whatnot and drink good wine!

Seriously!

Anyway. So after I took the phone, I slid it open, then close again, then open again. I swear, there was this epic internal war raging on inside of me. Freud would be proud knowing that some part of his stupid psychosexual theory can actually be validated. My id was screaming "TAKE IT TAKE IT it's a free phone take it you fucking idiot!!" but my superego was calmly saying "Don't take it ah. It belongs to someone else. How would you feel if you lost your Rm2k phone and someone took it and you never got it back?" Then my id retorted "FU. I'm not so dumb to leave my phone lying around." but my superego countered "It doesn't matter. The phone is not yours, do NOT take it."

Pity my ego lah.

I actually really wanted to take it. I was freaking out. I was like "Take, don't take, take? Don't take??"

Haiyor. In the end, when I was about to leave, I handed the phone over to the barista because I'm pretty sure if I took it along with me when I leave, I wouldn't return it. It's human nature to covert something.

But I think it's a good thing I did not take the phone because I'm a Buddhist and I believe in Buddha's beliefs of karma (WHUT?!). What goes around will definitely come around. Like, I heard from KhaiSim that one of her friends found an iPhone, and instead of returning it, he sold it. A couple of days later, he lost his own phone. It's karma, I tell you! Karma!!

So yeah, I'm an honest kid. :(
Hence the sad face.

No comments:

Post a Comment