Saturday, September 5, 2009

Take A Drink

Yesterday, KayKay and I were cracking our heads over where to go on Friday, which was yesterday. I mean, it's the rainy season now so it's not like we can go to the zoo or anything (OH THANK GOD!). So we were left scratching our heads about where we could go to do more tourist stuff.

I actually went on Google and keyed in "Things to do in KL". Haha! And then they popped up all sorts of stupid things like the National Mosque and all that. Are we non-Muslims even allowed in? And then it listed the Petrosains as one of the "tourists attractions" and I was like "Oooooooh."

The last time I went to Petrosains, I was about 10 or something and everything just seemed so fascinating to me. But then when we went there yesterday, everything looked so run down and not well maintained so it was like, would you really want to pay Rm12 per person to go see such an old, out of date exhibition? And I wasn't really in the mood for pretending that I'm having fun, so we gave Petrosains a pass and contented ourselves with sitting on a bench.

I know right, go all the way to KLCC to sit on a bench. So WTF. But I was in a really lousy mood during the morning, and couldn't muster up any excitement for any activities other than sitting around and moping.

OH!! On a very random note, I popped into Kinokuniya to see if they had The Time Traveler's Wife.

Photobucket

I've been searching for this book at all major book stores all over KL. At Midvalley and Gardens, at Bangsar Shopping Center, at Bangsar Village, at the Curve and Ikano and at 1Utama. It's sold out every-freaking-where! It's even got to the point where I can't be bothered to look for the book on the shelf and just ask any staff working at the store, and they don't even need to look it up and they can very confidently tell me that it's out of stock.

Kinokuniya was my last hope. I went up to the counter and the nice lady working there very happily told me that yes, they do have the stock! I was so happy, I started bouncing. Seriously. But I have been looking for this book for quite some time, and traveled all over to look for it too, I might add. Waste of petrol and time.

Also, they have a 20% discount on the book if you buy another item. So I bought a pen. Haha! Should have bought an eraser or something. Save a bit more money.

But anyway, after all that excitement (yeah, my life is so boring that buying a book is exciting to me), I got hungry. Hahaha. Gosh I sound like such a pig. And everyone who knows me knows that my current favourite place to eat at is Chilis. I'm so addicted to their mashed potatoes. It's all thanks to KM for introducing that to me on one deary afternoon when we ate at the Chilis at BSC.

Once, I made an offhand comment about trying out their margaritas and KayKay actually remembered! So we ordered their Presidente Margarita because one, the server recommended it, and two, you get to shake and mix the drink yourself too! The second reason only applies to me though. KayKay probably picked it because of the liqueur in the drink.

Photobucket

We're both addicted to grape soda. We have it whenever we can. No knocking on grape soda! It has been known to have mysterious healing powers. When we were in Penang, KayKay got a little sick so after resting for a while, we got some grape soda. Usually, the gas in the soda would make one feel even more sick, but in KayKay's case, it made her feel much better. So yeah, the grape soda works in mysterious ways.

Photobucket

Lunch for two includes nachos, mashed potatoes, grape soda and margarita. Yummyyyy

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Look Adrian! Food!! Hahahaha

After lunch, we went off to the Patronas Gallery. I know they said we weren't allowed to bring cameras in, but I don't think a camera phone counts, right? Haha. I saw this one picture that was so so so striking, I can't help but snap a picture of it.

Photobucket

I love it so much! Wish I could be so talented. I've only got the gift of the gab. Gah!

No comments:

Post a Comment