Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ring A Ling

Almost one full month after my birthday, on the 27th of August, I got a call from NakedMoleNat asking if I wanted to go out for dinner. But because on that very day, I had spent five hours in a bus without anyone to talk to (I might add!) and also went through a very emo time the night before, I was feeling emotionally and physically tired. And also, I didn't think my mom would appreciate it if I didn't have dinner with them as a family that night, what with me being away from home for almost five days. Although, it did feel weird having dinner at home with my family, mainly because I haven't been doing that for such a long time. That's what working part time and going on vacation sans parents would do to you!

But I missed it, you know? My family might annoy the shit out of me at times, but most of the time they're really not bad. I don't know why, but all my friends seem to think that my mom is funny (albeit scary) and my dad is just downright hilarious. Humor runs in the family yo.

Anyway, yeah so Nat spent the better half of an hour to try to convince me to go out for dinner with them around Taman Tun, but I dug in my heels and in the end she gave up. Haha! I win, Nat!

Then I get a text from Nat saying that KM and her would be dropping by to pass me something and the only thing running through my mind is "Shit. Means I have to change. =( But pajamas comfy!!" Yesh, I am a lazy pig who lounges around all day in pajamas. And that usually just means I'm not wearing all my undergarments, if you know what I mean.

Hah! TMI?

So just when I'm done changing, my dad comes and tell me that my friends were waiting outside the house for me. I trooped downstairs and out of the house and see that Nat, acting as though her grandfather owns the whole damn road, left her car in the middle of the lane. Of course in situations like this, a car will always come by and she would have to get back into the car, drive on a little, U-turn, then park in a more decent place.

Anyway, Nat and KM (and Jenny also lah, kind of) came by all the way to my house just to drop my very belated eighteenth birthday present off. Aren't they such sweethearts?

Photobucket

Photobucket

They got me a cowbell! Yeah yeah yeah uh huh uh huh uh huhhhh. Adrian you cow, you were supposed to get me this!

Photobucket

Haha, my dumb nickname that KayKay gave me. It caught on to everyone. Now I just need groupies.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I haven't named it yet, but Nat says she will call it Tong Tong because that's the sound it makes when you hit it! Yup yup it looks like a cowbell, sounds like a cowbell, it is a cowbell! Apparently Nat and KM were so perplexed when they found out that a cowbell (the instrument) is literally a cowbell (a bell for a cow) without the thing-thing on the inside that jingles.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Save the best for the last. I like purple, hence it's the best. I'm very biased.

Yay yay a cowbell! I play it when I'm not practicing my songs, but when I'm just into the rhythm of whatever I'm playing. It sounds damn cute. Tong tong tonggg!!

Now all I want is an 8" splash cymbal. Waheeheehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment