Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Turning Japanese

I went to watch GI JOE again today. That's how much I love that frickin' movie! I only just watched it last Thursday, and then five days later, I'm watching it again. Weird thing is, there are more people today than on the first day's screening. What's up with that?!

Before the movie, we went for Japanese again. I swear, KayKay and I have been having so much Japanese that I think I'm gonna go on a Japanese sabbatical soon. But to my defense, I've been trying out places that I've never been to before. First we went to Yo! Sushi at Midvalley Megamall, then to Sushi Zanmai and then today to Sakae Sushi. Yes, I've never been to Sushi Zanmai or Sakae Sushi prior to this week. Sue me! I still prefer Sushi King to Sushi Zanmai or Sakae Sushi. I just feel like they have a really limited menu, and it just ain't that good! But Yo! Sushi was pretty good. I wouldn't mind going back there again, only the prices are a little exorbitant. Will only go there if I'm craving for really good unagi.

Anyway, after the movie, we hung around the mall without really a plan for anything. I was supposed to go in for work, but I wasn't sure cuz they didn't say that I was supposed to, so I just blew them off. I feel so bad! I'm so not up for the employee of the year award anymore.

So then while having my second lunch (HEY I only had like, four pieces of sushi for lunch okay!), KayKay got this brilliant idea of watching another movie. At first I was like "Whaaaaat??" cuz I've never done that before and plus, we've pretty much watched every blockbuster there is out there. But KayKay wanted to watch The Proposal, and since I had nothing to do anyway, I went along with her plans. Didn't really feel like going home.

Photobucket

I think everyone pretty much knows how this movie goes. Bitch of a boss from Canada about to be deported, gets her assistant to marry her in a desperate attempt to get a green card. Obviously, the smart people at Immigration know about this loophole, so they have to do this test thingy. Which gets the whole we-have-to-pretend-that-we're-really-in-love ball rolling.

The movie is super predictable, but to be honest, I actually enjoyed it a lot. I do like chick flicks, but I don't really see the point of catching them in the cinemas. I can't say that I think that this movie is worth the Rm9 ticket, but it's not too bad.

It's a Sandra Bullock movie! There will be funny parts, a turning point where the characters heads finally catch up to their hearts, a tear-jerker, then the happily ever after. It's a tried and tested formula. But it seems to work, cuz a lot of people seem to like it. And it made KayKay cry! Hahaha. Oh wow, I'm a mean person.

I will give it a 3.25/5. Not too bad a movie, but I wouldn't really recommend anyone to watch it in the cinemas. Now GI JOE is another story....

No comments:

Post a Comment