Sunday, August 30, 2009

So Long Sweet Summer

I find it quite ironic, actually, that our Independence Day which falls on the 31st of August, marks the last day of my summer holidays.

But I had a lot of fun during the holidays. I got to go to Penang! And the butterfly farm, as well as watch loads of movies and celebrate my birthday. Even working was fun, because most of the little kids are super adorable and I just want to kidnap them and bring them home but I can't say that out loud while I'm working cuz I'm pretty sure I'd be given the boot and possibly be arrested as a potential child kidnapper.

And I got my results back a couple of days ago. I got an A-!!! And a C but who cares about that right? I realize one thing about me: My results are always either brilliant, or just plain sucky, resulting in a really average CGPA. As it is now, my CGPA does not even hit a 3. I'm very depressed about that. I need it to hit at least a 3 so that I can get into good schools. Yup, I want to leave this place once and for all!

But anyway I went to celebrate my A- at Sushi King because I'm so flippin' proud of myself. I know I said I would be going on a Japanese food sabbatical, but that's not working out. I love sushi too much. It's my first A since SPM. That's how sucky I am at my academia. Well, I got a Distinction during my Foundation course, but that doesn't count because it's not an A, it's (literally) a D. I think I'm a little hyper right now.

This is a real time post, cuz I'm just talking about whatever crosses my mind. Hah.

I want to go to the book fair at KLCC! See, there's this book I want.

Photobucket
The Time Traveler's Wife

Basically, it's talking about how this little girl, Clare meets a man, Henry in the middle of the meadow and they become friends. But then Henry tells her that he has to go, and if she goes back there in a couple of years on a certain date, he will be waiting for her there. So when, as a grown woman finally meeting him back there, they get close and eventually get married. The thing is, he time travels involuntarily, so he doesn't know when he will appear and when he will disappear. So it's hard on Clare, and this book basically talks about how she copes with all that.

Sounds interesting, but it's sold out everywhere. MPH at the Curve and 1Utama, Popular and Borders at the Curve have sold off ALL their books. How insane is that! I want it I want it I want it I want it! I also can't wait for the movie to hit our screens. October first.

I have this sneaky feeling that it'll be my midterms then.

No comments:

Post a Comment