Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I'd Kill To Fall Asleep

Okay, there is a reason for the lack of blogging. The reason: I don't feel like blogging. Ta-da! Well, okay that's not the whole truth. I'm like, really sick. I don't even know why! I'm having slight on-and-off fevers, sore throat, body aches and dizziness. I stopped having the headaches a couple of days back, which is good! So now all I do is laze about on my bed, complaining to myself about how being sick sucks and that my entire body's aching and how I would gladly off myself now. JOKE.

And a very nasty side effect of being sick is I've become an insomniac. No kidding. I've always had a little problem falling asleep, but I've come to realize that by doing some breathing exercises and clearing my mind, I can fall asleep in about two minutes. It's like you breathe in deeply, then exhale slowly and all the while visualizing the air entering your lungs and exiting. It sounds so lame, but it works for me. I think it's a form of meditation. Or that yoga pose, The Corpse. Hahahaha.

Anyway. All these while that I've been sick I've been having restless sleep, like I wake up every couple of hours or so. But yesterday, damn! I would toss and turn for about an hour, then fall asleep for ten minutes and then wake up again. What the hell right? And I went to bed at 10pm. KayKay called at 1am something, and we talked for about 20 minutes and I started to feel sleepy so we hung up and then I slept for say, 15 minutes before waking up again. It's soooo frustrating.

And I think I might be going nuts from the lack of sleep too. I was literally hearing voices in my head! Like, there was this chick who kept going on about... um, well I can't remember now but it had something to do with the fact that I shouldn't do something or another. It was
creepy! You know what they call people who hear voices in their heads right? Schizophrenic. Yup yup. Oh shit. Not good.

Well, I finally managed to get proper sleep at 5.45am (!!) and then I woke up again at 7.45am. Not bad, actually. I managed to sleep for two solid hours. And when I told my mom how I slept soooo early, my mom got this really weird look on her face and then she went "Are you depressed?" and I snorted into my porridge. Seriously, me? Depressed? Where gottttt. If you didn't get the "so early" pun, I'm not explaining it.

Oh, and it took me an hour to eat a plate of porridge. I believe that's a new personal record. Being sick sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment