Saturday, June 27, 2009

Life In Technicolor

I love arts and crafts. I do, I really do. If I had the time, I would always do DIY stuff instead of getting stuff straight from the stores. I would rather make something special for someone as a present than shelling out money to buy them gifts. I really would, and end up spending more money than I would if I got the store-bought, mass produced, mindless, thoughtless, soulless gifts but yeah, these things come from the heart. I would do this for each and every gift I give, but I would only do it for my lovvies because they are special and I love them so I would spend long hours doing something like this for them.

So if you get something personalized from me, you better know I love you! Either that or I have too much time on my hands.

Anyway, I haven't done all these DIY stuff in ages so when Nat proposed that we do a lil something something (get your minds out of the gutter!). But it's all hush-hush now, so yeah. Here's the (not so important) leaked details.

We didn't have any materials or anything, so we went shopping in Ikea. I love love love Ikea! Honestly, I would love to live in Ikea if I could. I love how everything is so neat and tidy. I love how everything compliments each other. I love the clean lines and the bright colors. I just love love love everything about Ikea!

Zomg spastic me.


We were going from set to set looking at different set-ups of homes and rooms and all that and picking out what we liked and what we didn't and getting ideas for our own future homes. Or at least that was what I was doing. Don't know about Nat... I think we spent about what, two and a half hours inside Ikea? I could spend the whole bloody day there wei!

But yeah, then we went to the restaurant at Ikea for lunch. The place was packed to the brim! Lunch hour mah. Next time, we should really get our butts there before twelve. That way we wouldn't need to line up for such a long time to get to our food and plus, the food would be warm.

Photobucket

Vegetarian pasta for Rm5. It was bland. Or like how a certain someone put it, "Tomato sauce with spices." Haha. So true. I can cook better than this laa. It was so yucky that we didn't even finish it. I think we left like half of it. What a waste. Nat seems to think it was okay though. Poor dear, I don't think she has ever had really really good pasta before. Gots to bring her somewhere for her to pamper her tastebuds.

Photobucket

Chicken ham and cheese sandwich for um, less than Rm10 lah. Don't remember. I don't know why we took this. Omg. I was so full, I only had like, four bites and I stopped enjoying it. Gah. I don't know why people like using chicken ham. It doesn't really taste that good. For me, it's either pork ham (which is the original ham anyway!) or turkey ham. Turkey ham is goooooood. And healthier than pork ham.

Photobucket

Beef meatballs for Rm5 too. We got the kiddy size. And it's soooo good! And filling too. Two and half balls later (HAHAHAHA!), I was already pretty contented. And the fries are really good too. Now I know why everyone keeps going on and on about the meatballs in Ikea.

Photobucket

Daim cake. Nat says it's the candy Daim covering cake. It was good, but unfortunately we were already sooo stuffed by the time it was time for dessert that we couldn't fully enjoy it. What a waste. Oh well. Lunch at Ikea's actually pretty cheap! I'd totally go back there for lunch next time.

After reaching back home, we went straight up to my room to get started on Nat's lil project. Naturally, we got a little over-excited and started brainstorming like crazy and throwing ideas around until we were practically drowning in them. But we had loads of fun along the way. Nat wants to keep the whole thing on the down low, so the only pictures I'm allowed to put up is of Mr. Smiley.

Photobucket

It started off with a whacky idea proposed by Nat and reinforced by me, and Mr Smiley was born! Then because I got itchy fingers, I stamped mine and Nat's name on it.

Then we got creative and took pictures with Mr. Smiley.

Photobucket

Look at my barbell! Look look! Doncha wish you had one too? Hehe. Nat just figured out that Cammy can take pictures that are like, stained with color. There's purple (mah fav), blue, green, sepia, black and white and original.

Photobucket

Mr. Smiley likes One Tree Hill too. Nat was waaay too many props for this picture. Book and cap. Unfair! I'm jealous. All I got for a prop is my industrial piercing. =\

Photobucket

I like this picture of me adding more decals. I look like some kindergartner who's concentrating really hard so that I would not color outside of the lines. Anyway, after trying (and failing miserably) to be creative, TA-DA!!


Photobucket

Our Awesome Possum Foursome. I can't think of any more words that rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment