Saturday, May 9, 2009

Dead Star

Watched Star Trek at TGV KLCC with Monkey on Friday.

Photobucket

I am not a Trekkie. I don't even know what the big fuss Star Trek was all about, aside from the pointy ears and the funny hair-dos. So why did I even watch this movie? Teman Monkey lor, what else.

Not knowing what to expect, I've got to say the movie was pretty awesome. Unexpectedly funny too. It was weird seeing Zachary Quinto as a stiff Vulcan when I'm so used to seeing him as the charismatic Sylar on Heroes. Chris Pine was cute. While Monkey was busy Ooh-ing and Aah-ing over the Trekkie stuff, I was busy wondering why hasn't Chris Pine popped up on my cute-adorable-doofy-actor radar before. Maybe cuz I've always had Paul Rudd on it. Yes, I admit I like Paul Rudd. So what? He's cute! Those eyes......

Anyways! After the movie, Monkey and I went to this place called Marketplace in KL for dinner. It's on this road, Jalan Something Something Lorong Yap Kwan Seng, which is adjacent to Jalan Liew Weng Something. Yeah, I'm bad with directory. Can't wait till I drive! I'll get lost every day and then call Monkey on the phone and wail about being lost then whine till she comes to my rescue. Haha!

The only reason we went there was for the Happy Hour. Cheap beer mah. However, food there is pretty expensive though, but the BBQ Salmon I had was fantastic. You know how sometimes when you order salmon at restaurants and it comes out this smaller-than-you-imagined piece of dry meat? Well, this was nothing like it! The fish was big enough that I could share with Monkey (okay, so I stuffed her full of popcorn during the movie, and I don't usually eat dinner anyway) and it's succulent and juicy and bursting with Omega 3 and I just made that last part up.

I spend the entire dinner trying to only use a fork to eat my salmon, while listening to Monkey's attempt to squish the entire Star Trek franchise into a 30 minute lecture on time and space and atoms and pieces of papers. Don't ask. She's still trying to convert me into a Trekkie but I'm standing my ground! I will not become a Trekkie dork!!

Although the dimensions thingy really intrigued me. I'd be lying if I said I've never thought of the world in such a context before.

I really like the place for its interior. There are like, four different sections in the place alone but I liked the rooftop one most. I would consider it as a venue for my 18th, but it's effing expensive la. No one would come and I won't have any presents to squeal over. =( The weird thing about this place is their choice of music. They played 90s pop and old old songs that only Monkey knows that leave me cocking an eye brow at her. The only decent song they played was Muse' Time Is Running Out.

Which was fitting, cuz after that Monkey had to send me home. Curfew at 9.30pm. That's so sad.

Give Monkey a lecture on drinking and driving. I can't be bothered lah.

No comments:

Post a Comment