Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hit The Lights

Earth Hour is nothing but a gimmick. I mean, what's the point in switching your lights off for one lousy hour once a year when you should be trying to save electricity all year round??

I'm not saying I'm one of those "GO GREEN!!!" freaks who walk everywhere instead of driving, and taking public transport wherever I go, because I really cannot live without electricity. But I try to do my part, you know? I don't take plastic bags when I don't need it. I use Tiffin containers as much as possible when I buy food to go. I turn off my air conditioner before I sleep most of the time (unless it's really hot).

So why should I conform to switching off my lights for 60 minutes just because someone said I should? I'd rather do my part every day then jump onto the bandwagon for one hour.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment