Monday, June 15, 2009

Like A Virgin

You know, I've been wondering about this for quite some time. Call it the inevitable after three consecutive days of two season of Sex and the City. Yes, I've been wondering (a lot) about sex.

As much as we'd like to deny it, we still live in fairly conservative society, where premarital sex is still largely frowned upon. I know plenty of people who do have sex, and it's part of their lifestyle. However, these people move in different circles from mine. They're acquaintances that I know, but not necessarily like. Only a handful from the bunch that I normally hang out with have had sex. Most of them have done it and they don't regret choosing to have done it.

Most of my friends have said that they would like to remain a virgin till they get married. That said, there are also a select few with a so-what? mentality. Like, if you want it, just do it.

I don't condemn those who say that pre-marital sex is wrong. I mean, each to his own, right? I'd admit there's something terribly romantic about wanting to save yourself for the wo/man that you're gonna spend your entire life with. Like, what better way to prove your love than letting your other half know that they get to have something of you no one else has, right? It's not just the whole virgin territory (really no pun intended) thing, but the idea that comes with it.

On the other hand, wouldn't you be wondering what you're missing out on? I'm pretty sure by the time we hit our twenties, most of us will be having sex by then. So when your girlfriends go on and on about orgasms and positions, wouldn't you feel all left out? And what about experience? I doubt anyone can just be a sex god on their first time out. And what about testing the car before buying it? You don't want to get one that sucks at changing gear, right? And when they say people can't change, I think it applies to this as well. Some more right, I'm sure all the people who love sex can't be wrong when they say that with the right person, sex can be mind blowing. So like, if you wait till you get married, think of how many nights of mind blowing sex you'll be missing out on! Shame, isn't it? And what if you never get married? Then what? Die a virgin? That's a bigger shame, if you ask me.

But conversely, having sex can be scary too. I don't mean just in the sense where you expose yourself to another person so fully, but in the omg-what-if-I-get-pregnant sense? We all know that we're supposed to use condoms when we have sex, but do all of us know that condoms are not 100% when it comes to getting pregnant? Yep, three out of every hundred condom users will still get pregnant. I dunno, blame it on holes.
And then there's the risk of STDs. People will probably think that they and their partner are safe, but are they really?? STDs are not pretty, and trust me, they are no aphrodisiac. Like, how much would a guy want a girl with sores on her face to suck on his dick? Not only that, if women contract STDs, there's a chance that they'll attack her reproductive system and mess it up so that she'll never have kids. I'm not really sure about this point or what STD does this to a lady, but I think I've read about it somewhere before.

But then again right, sex is like a form of exercise. Half an hour of sex burns like, 200 calories or more if you're really active. Kissing for a minute burns 26. Can you imagine if you go at it all night, how much you really burn? I guess doing it for two hours burns off your dinner. Maybe? I don't know. But isn't it a really fun form of working out? From what I gather, you don't just lie there and let your partner to whatever they want to you! How lame. Sex is supposed to involve both people equally, like participants in an act. So right, if half an hour of sex burns as much calories as half an hour of jogging, doesn't it make more sense to have sex instead? And it supposedly gives you a clearer complexion. Must be because your heart pumps more blood into all the parts of your body.

You know what? I just successfully confused myself with all these pros and cons of sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment